Saturday, September 10, 2011

Virgin post

I just started this blog up and I'm not sure how it is going to shape up.  My usual discussions on the internet involve talking to anti-vaccine advocates, climate change deniers, creation science supporters, and anti-queer fascists - for fun.

That does get a bit old though, and I'm just too lazy and busy to be a really good skeptic.  Being a really good skeptic involves doing real research about real things, and having an evidence throw-down.  There are a few subjects I am talented with, but others are more talented then I.  I wouldn't want this blog to become a list of links, however wonderful those links are.

Ideologies are easy to talk about, because you don't need evidence - you need your convictions and the ability to make logical arguments based on agreed upon premises (in theory).  This is more fun.  I'm not great at this either, but it may make for good theater.

So, I'm trying to figure out if I have anything uniquely interesting to contribute.  I suspect this may simply become a pot for angry rants.  I dare not share too much personal experience, but I'm sure I will find a voice.  I usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment